Thursday, November 11, 2010

{Germany}

I recently got the opportunity to go to Germany for a week. We went for a Connexxion conference in Braunschweig, Germany. Connexxion is the Christian university group that I work with. It was started in Jena, Germany, and since spread to other campuses in Germany and to Sevilla, Spain. This conference was for Christian students and student workers to come and gain more insight into student ministry ideas, evangelism, and discipleship! This week was an absolute blast and a needed time of refreshment. Although I had only been in Spain for a month before going to Germany, I really needed this time to get away and be with other believers! It was a great time of encouragement for me personally! I got the opportunity to meet so many Germany students who became Christians during their university years and hear their testimonies. It was a very encouraging time to see that the ministry in Germany had not always been full of Christians, but that God had worked and saved many and He can and will do the same here in Spain!

This trip was also just fun to experience Germany! I really loved it a lot because of the history, beautiful architecture, people, food, cold weather, and fall!!! The fall in Germany is beautiful and reminds me so much of home! I was really missing fall because in Sevilla, we don't really have one. Fall is my favorite time of year, so I was grateful to have a week to experience it in Germany. It was also so cool to see everyone riding bikes everywhere and definitely made me want to get a bike in Spain to start riding around. The food was also INCREDIBLE!!!! Seriously, everything I ate I loved and I would totally go back to Germany just for the food! It was also just nice to be around people who look like me! Here in Spain, sometimes I feel so out of place and awkward because I don't look Spanish. Sometimes I just want to go somewhere and not look foreign and not have people staring at me! So it was wonderful to be in Germany and not draw any attention to myself by the way I look...because I'm extremely white and could totally be German. I even had a lot of people start speaking to me in German because they thought I was!

Me and Lauren with our headphones on listening to the translators at the conference.
My teammates, Lauren, Hendrik, Maggie, and our beautiful piece of Connexxion artwork.Beautiful architecture in Braunschweig, Germany.
One of the best meals I've ever had! Schnitzel!!
Me and Lauren exploring Braunschweig.
German students who I met at the Connexxion conference...such great people!
Beautiful Germany fall.

1 comment:

martha said...

yea!! love u and look forward 2 our next visit... in whatever country!! :-)