Friday, January 14, 2011

{New Years}

For New Years, I went to London to visit a friend from Samford. It was so great to see a familiar face and spend time together catching up and exploring London. I got to study abroad in London while at Samford, and I loved this city! So it was great to get to go back and recall all those wonderful memories!

We went to Wimbledon one day, which was one of my favorite things I did in London! Hopefully one summer I can come back and go to a tournament. Interesting fact that I'm sure everyone but me knows...they play on grass!! Loving tennis as I do, I'm so disappointed that I didn't know that before.

So this is the stadium where all the champions play! Center court seats like 15,000 people and the small box on the right is where the Queen sits or other royalty or famous people.

This was really cool too! We went to Greenwich where the Prime Meridian is! So this green light is the actual Prime Meridian...the center of the world when split into East and West!

Big Ben.
Platform 9 3/4 for all those Harry Potter fans.

Tower Bridge- thought to be London Bridge by many, but no, it is not!

The London Eye where all the fireworks were shot on the 31st! Instead of going there to see them, we went to this really beautiful park that overlooks the whole city of London. We could see the entire city and the fireworks very clearly without having our ears being blown up or being surrounded by millions of people! We also got to see a cool spectacle of lanterns being sent into the sky all around London. The whole London sky was filled with thousands of beautiful specks of light!

Once again, sorry for not many pictures! London is such a wonderful city though, and the break of Christmas and New Years were such a great time of renewal and refreshment for me! It was a well needed break and energized me to start the semester again strong! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years too!

1 comment:

EKM said...

HATE that we missed each other in London and I also HATE that I missed out on the prime meridian and platform 9 and 3/4. There is just TOO much to do in London!!!! MIss you!